Sunday, January 25, 2009

calling all creative people I know...

We are planning out New Beginnings program for the Young Women at Church.  Our theme for the program is "Boot Camp"  there will be a skit, decorations, and awards that we need to coordinate.  BUT, specifically, my group (12-13 year old) is in charge of food (refreshments/dessert).  So, I need your ideas by Tuesday afternoon.
The budget is:  whatever, 
I thought of "mess tent" and MRE's but that's about as far as it goes.
camo could be involved
The girls are supposed to do most of it, but really that means I'll do at least 1/2 of the work.  And I will still be on crutches so that is a consideration.  
I can't wait to hear from you with your ideas. 

3 comments:

Amara said...

Can you still borrow the cannery's foil pack sealer? I wonder if you can make whatever it is you're going to have (cinnamon rolls? maybe I think of those because I had one in an MRE in a survival class I took) and seal each portion in a foil pack. Maybe you can use the cannery's pouches piece by piece? Otherwise I'm thinking cafeteria trays --which isn't too appetizing, but maybe that would work. Hey -you need to give me a soup or salad on my blog now!

missliss5/Melissa said...

I think you should get the paper/styrofoam plates that are sectioned off. And you should have the girls dish out the food onto the plates using ladles. So you could do apple sauce, chili, and...uhhh, corn? Something easy?

Julie said...

What about serving "bread and water"? Ice water is always easy and you could have lots of different homemade breads made by the girls (we hope!). Cinnamon bread, banana bread, pumpkin bread, wheat, country white, etc. With jams, jellies, honey butter, etc. I like the styrofoam trays idea too. It would be funny if you could cover each dish or platter somehow or even with a camo sheet. Excuse everyone to stop in the mess hall for a little bread & water after the program.