Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

This is Summer LAST week dressed as Taylor Swift.
I must confess we got that skirt at DI about 5 months ago.  
It was $6.  Which I thought was too much considering the fact that it was too "big" and too "glittery" to actually wear in public.
But it did make for a nice costume.  She only had to wear her hair in curlers for 48 hours to get the look.

This was Halloween evening.
Sadie and I dressed up as 1950's housewives.
I asked Summer to take pictures of everyone and everything since Sadie and I were busy making homemade donuts for the neighborhood.
Awesome.
Summer took 3 photos.
Didn't even get one of her siblings.  or the homemade donuts.
I might have to dress them up in their costumes and make-up tonight so that somewhere down the road a few years when the kids want to look back on pictures of 2011, they will actually believe me that I let them dress up and beg the neighbors for candy.

Rick participated in the festivities by dressing up  adjusting the temperature of the hot chocolate.
And speaking of temperature, we couldn't have asked for better weather.
When the evening started, we should have been serving ice water instead of hot chocolate.
But, as the evening wore on, more and more ghosts, goblins, witches, etc. appreciated a nice, warm cup of hot chocolate.

Here is a picture of the flyer that we passed out to the neighbors...
Apparently not everyone gets my sense of humor.
I really confused a lot of people with the "costume check".
So much so, that most of them didn't even keep reading to the funny parts.
oh well.

This morning I was getting Cole some breakfast. 
(Cereal, which is really just code for a bowl of sugar, but we were running late since we were up all night eating...sugar)
Cole asked me to wait before I poured the milk on his sugar cereal.
I asked why, and he said that he needed to finish his chocolate bar and he didn't want the cereal to get soggy.
His poor Kindergarten teacher...

Time to take down the decorations and move on to Christmas Thanksgiving.


No comments: