Thursday, January 5, 2012

a quilt top and a Cole-ism

While we were in St. G last week, I worked on some projects.  This is one of them.
It's just the quilt top, bit I love it so much I had to share.
I worked on some other projects, pictures to come later.
 I made Rick take the pictures.  Out on the front lawn.  In January.
I was waiting for the bus to bring Cole home from K and it was all I could do to NOT get out the lawn mower and mow the grass/leaves.
It's kinda weird.  I might go out and plant the tulip bulbs that I didn't get planted last fall.
 More pictures of me.
And my hair that I had done yesterday.
 I wonder if the neighbors would think I was more crazy for
*standing on the front lawn, posing for Rick in my quilt top
OR
*mowing the front lawn??
I'm off...
to plant tulips, quilt, and a special dinner (pictures of THAT to come also)

Cole-ism:
We were at music class yesterday.
The kids had a pass-off.  The name of the song:
Seasons
Miss Laura, the teacher, is so darn adorable.
She asked the kids if they knew what season it is right now.
Cole's hand immediately shot up:  "Spring"
Miss Laura:  "Well it feels like spring but do you have another guess?"
Cole:  "Christmas is over and there is no snow.  That means Spring."
Bless her heart, Miss Laura knows not to argue with that logic.
Spring it is.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Love the quilt! I hope it'll be done in time for my bday ;-)

Amara said...

I wish it were spring!!! I hate winter. Someday (isn't someday a code for never?!) I've got to learn to do that. Oh! Speaking of sun...I keep meaning to tell you, Jeff is looking into solar panels. I told him I thought you guys might be interested. Looks like $8,500, but you basically don't pay for electricity for 25 years. Seriously.